24 Hour Emergency Dental Care
in Temecula, CA
Any dental problem that needs immediate attention and treatment to alleviate severe pain, stop ongoing bleeding, or save a tooth is considered a dental emergency. It is essential to take care of dental emergencies as soon as possible to prevent loss of teeth, infections, and other complications.
Our dentists are on-call after hours (24/7).
If you have a dental emergency, call Rancho Dental immediately at 951-699-4746 to get instructions and follow the tips below:
- Don’t panic. Our dentists are on-call 24 hours per day to guide you and schedule your emergency visit. In some cases, you may be directed to the emergency room, but we can often make arrangements to see you quickly to save an injured tooth.
- If a tooth is knocked out (dislodged), pick it up by the crown and avoid touching the root. Gently rinse if necessary, and try placing it back into the socket (in the correct position). If this isn’t possible, store the tooth in a small container of milk or water. These cases require immediate treatment (within an hour) for any chance of successfully reimplanting the natural tooth. Otherwise, you will need a bridge or dental implant.
- If a tooth is cracked, chipped, or broken, you should be examined as soon as possible to check the integrity of the tooth’s inner structure. You may need a filling, crown, or possibly an extraction. Sometimes minor cracks and chips can be addressed with dental bonding or veneers.
- Do not wait for treatment if you have lost or broken a new crown or bridge. If you wait, the dentist may have to obtain another impression to replace the crown or bridge.
- If you are experiencing significant dental pain for any reason, call your dentist right away. Any delay will only turn a potentially simple issue into a serious problem that may require a more complex solution.
- DO take pain relievers with acetaminophen (TYLENOL®l, Actamin, Elixsure, etc.). Do NOT take anticoagulants (aspirin or ibuprofen).
Most tooth pain is caused by a lost filling or crown, debris under the gum line, infection, or a cracked tooth. To aid in pain relief until your appointment, apply ice to the affected area in increments of 10 to 15 minutes.
Minor cuts or lacerations on the tongue or lip will most likely heal on their own. Clean the wound and apply a cold compress to reduce swelling.
How to Know If You Are Having a Dental Emergency
A tooth emergency includes the following situations:
- Lost filling
- Lost crown
- Chipped or broken tooth
- Knocked-out tooth
When Should You Schedule an Emergency Appointment With Your Orthodontist?
You may experience some discomfort if you have had your braces or retainer adjusted in the last couple of days. The pain will usually subside in a day or two.
Schedule an appointment with your orthodontist if the following occurs:
- You swallowed a piece of your appliance
- You have a poking wire
- A bracket is knocked off from your braces
- You have a lost wire or ligature
Let Rancho Dental Restore your Dental Health and Alleviate Your Pain
If you are suffering from severe mouth, tooth, or gum pain, schedule an exam with one of our compassionate emergency dentists right away. We will prioritize your visit and do everything at our disposal to restore your smile and get you out of pain.
Call us now at 951-699-4746.